How Moving To Olympus Could Help You With Your Photography
Have you lost your photographic mojo? Fed up with lugging heavy camera systems around? That was me way back in 2014 and in this blog I am going to let you know how moving to Olympus could help you with your photography. My name is Eifion Williams and I am one part of the Welshot Photographic Academy – I have been taking photos for more years than I care to remember and have been teaching photography, officially, since 2009. Back in 2014 I lost all interest in my own personal photography and I failed to understand why. I just knew that photography was no longer fun on a personal level – in fact, it was a struggle! Turned out I’d had a heart attack and I needed a triple heart bypass but that is a whole other story...
Get Your Photographic Mojo Back
From the moment I was diagnosed I realised WHY I was no longer enjoying my photography, it all made perfect sense. I loved what I was doing, in my job at Welshot, the people I was helping, the photographic workshops we were running – but I didn’t have the ENERGY left for my own personal photography and it felt like I was missing out.
Changing Camera Systems
Lugging heavy, cumbersome, large cameras and lenses around was heavy hard work and it was sucking all the enjoyment out of my own photography, and I wanted to feel the thrill of taking photos again, whether that be street photography, capturing the action at the race track or working in a studio environment. So, without a second thought I sold all my Nikon cameras, all my lenses and bought into the the Olympus system lock, stock and barrel and I have never once looked back.
I am not the only one, ask anyone who has moved from other well known camera systems to the Olympus System and the first thing they will say is because it is so easy to handle, easy to use, easy to carry and it’s the best thing that they have ever done. At Welshot we constantly hear the delight about how much more enjoyable photography is now they have an easier to use, easier to manage, camera system.
So – How Moving To Olympus Could Help You With Your Photography
While the main reason for changing camera systems was the heavy, large and cumbersome cameras I was fed up lugging about, and the desperate need of wanting to get my personal photographic mojo back – there were many, many, other benefits that I was able to take advantage of by choosing Olympus. I am betting you will too.
The Benefits of Changing to Olympus
- Lightweight and Portable (Giving you more freedom to be creative)
- Powerful Image Stabilisation (Clear, sharp and vibrant images – even when handheld)
- Non Intrusive (Perfect for the Street Photographer)
- Pro Capture ( Works by continuously taking images when you half-press the shutter, but only saving them in temporary memory )
- Interchangeable Lenses (Olympus Cameras will work with many Panasonic lenses and third party lenses such as Sigma, Samyang and Tamron)
- Fast Shooting Rate
- Live Composite ( An in-camera function that allows any number of images to be combined into one composite image. Only Olympus offer this feature)
- Creative Features ( Check out the “Art Filters” which allows you to add various styles to your photos – including frames )
- Super Control Panel Menu ( Speedy access to your most-wanted settings at your fingertips )
- Built In Wi-Fi ( Transfer your photos from your camera to your phone or tablet in seconds )
Welshot – We Specialise In Olympus Camera Systems
How Welshot Can Help You
While Welshot is camera agnostic and it doesn’t matter what camera you use at our photographic events, courses and workshops, we do, however, specialise in the Olympus camera systems and we offer 1:1 tuition, help, support and guidance. If you are a Member of the Welshot Photographic Academy you do get a 4hr 1:1 tuition session included in your Welshot and Welshot PLUS Membership and we even write you a bespoke, personalised manual which you can take away with you and refer it to as often as required.
Get in touch with us if you need some help in getting to know your Olympus – and we will let you know how we can help you get the best from your camera.
Photographer, Photographic Educator and Olympus System Specialist.
Please Note: While Welshot and Olympus have run events together in the past, Welshot is not affiliated to Olympus (nor any other camera manufacture or photographic equipment retailer) and we purchase (and pay for…) all our own cameras and photographic equipment.