- This event has passed.
Seascape, Sunset & Low-Light Photography in New Brighton – Roving Academy Evening
Seascape, Sunset & Low-Light Photography in New Brighton
It’s here! British Summertime and that means the longer, lighter evenings make for some great photography but also a chance to try those low-light and long exposures after we’ve caught the sunset at our Seascape, Sunset & Low-Light Photography in New Brighton Roving Academy Evening. We will be meeting at fort Perch Rock at the end of the New Brighton promenade which is where we will start the evenings proceedings. Learn how to capture the dynamic, powerful movement of the water or make those waves milky smooth with long exposures. For those who love macro photography there will be rockpools and nature abound.
Shooting in low light can be challenging – Tonight you will be learning how to each element of the exposure triangle (ISO / Shutter / Aperture) to create your image. Understanding the exposure triangle is an important part of knowing how to use your camera, especially when shooting in low light. Learning how to use your shutter speeds and exposure times with the ambient (natural light) will help to create a variety of looks in your photographs. At this low-light and long exposure seascape photography workshop you will be capturing and creating unique and inspiring images to be proud of.
This Welshot Roving Academy Evening will delight the photographer who loves the great outdoors. From lighthouses to rock pools. From, the not too stormy seas and a spectacular sunset (fingers crossed) complete with blue hour – This evening will have it all for the photographer, so why not join us for an evening of photography and give your camera a great workout, while you learn a thing or three.
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use your Exposure Triangle to give your images a different look/feel
- How to shoot seascape/landscape photography
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to shoot a sunset
- How to shoot long exposure photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
Beginner to photography? We’re here for you.
Whether you are a beginner to photography, a photographer who would like to try a new genre, learn a new technique or skill, or, a more advanced photographer who wants to build their image portfolio, you will be made welcome, and we would love to help you get the best out of your camera.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout this Seascape, Sunset & Low-Light Photography in New Brighton – Roving Academy Evening event to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of this session with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories having learned a thing or three about photography and your camera.
19:00 – Meet – Fort Perch Rock Car Park
19:05 – Photography starts – Capture the Lighthouse during the golden hour
20:31 – Sunset
20:31 – Capture the seascape / landscape in the blue hour – Low-light and long exposures
22:00 – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Warm clothing and wet weather protection for you and your camera
- Infra-red light head torch if you have one
- Any snacks and drinks that you think that you might need
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with Welshot Team Leaders.
- Supper is NOT included in the cost of this event.
- This event is discounted to £36.00 at checkout if you are a Welshot Academy Member. To become a Welshot Member and receive some great benefits check this link.
- Voucher spaces are limited – Bookings made using a voucher/coupon code are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- In accordance with our Terms of Service – We may need to make changes to this event – We will do all we can to inform you as soon as possible.