- This event has passed.
Low-Light and Long Exposure Photography – Rhyl – Roving Academy Evening
Tuesday, 22 March 2022 at 19:00 - 22:00£40.00
What Will Happen
Low-Light and Long Exposure Photography – Rhyl Harbour is located on the spectacular North Wales coast and it will be our starting point for this Welshot Photographic Roving Academy Evening. Fishing boats, sand dunes, seascapes, long exposures and low-light photography will be our focus on this learn your camera photography workshop session before moving along the waterfront to capture the architecture of Rhyl.
As well as low-light and long exposure photography from the Pont y Ddraig Pedestrian / Cycle Bridge. we will be capturing architecture, traffic trails and trying our hand at some light painting thrown in for good measure. For those who would like a bit of inspiration or want to think a little differently and practice the techniques you will be learning we will have a little challenge for you. We will also have a masterclass covering how to capture a variety of long exposures in a variety of settings.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout this session to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of this session with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories.
Please Note: No food or drink is included in the cost of this event and this is a fully outdoor event – please make sure you come dressed appropriately. If Welshot decides to postpone this event due to bad weather conditions you will be given a number of options regarding your booking.
Welshot will be keeping within Welsh Government regulations and recommendations regarding the Coronavirus and Covid 19 Regulations, and we expect our delegates to do the same
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot low-light seascapes and architecture
- How to paint with light
- How to shoot long exposure photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 7.00pm – Meet outside The Harbour Hub Cafe – Pont y Ddraig Harbour Bridge – Rhyl – Welcome and introductions
- 7:05pm – Masterclass: Shooting in low-light and making long exposures
- 8:30pm – Long exposures, painting with light and low-light photography
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Refreshments – Snacks or drinks if you think you will require during the event
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with Welshot Team Leaders